On June 14th, 2016, local businesses, individuals, and cybersecurity experts gathered at RIT in Rochester, N.Y. for the 2016 Upstate New York Regional Cybersecurity Forum held by Logical Operations in partnership with New Horizons at Logical Operations, the Greater Rochester Chamber of Commerce, Better Business Bureau, RIT, ESL Federal Credit Union, and Entre Computer Services. This forum provided a unique opportunity for representatives from academia, law enforcement, and industry to interact with the community and discuss ways to increase cybersecurity awareness and change behavior in order to keep data secure.
As part of this event, a representative from the Buffalo division of the U.S. Secret Service gave a keynote talk on the most common threats facing businesses and individuals today, and how to avoid them. Following the keynote talk, attendees had the chance to participate in an "Ask the Experts” panel that included:
- Special Agent from the U.S. Secret Service Buffalo division
- Chaim Sanders, Lecturer, RIT Golisano College of Computing and Information Sciences
- Paul Greene, Privacy and Data Security Practice Group Chair, Harter Secrest & Emery LLP
- Jason Ross, Senior Security Engineer, NCC Group
- Reggie Dejean, Lawley Insurance
Missed the event? Catch up now.